Our Civil Courts
Civil Courts are mechanisms to protect rights of an individual. They are classified as five types based on limit of land and value of the dispute.
- Munsiff Court: Resolution of disputes of value up to one lakh rupees.
- Sub Judge Court: Pleas having value of more than one lakh and all appeals of Munsiff Court's verdicts.
- District Court: Appeals regarding legal issues.
- High Court: Appeals from District Courts, Writ pleas.
- Supreme Court: Issuing Writs, Resolution of interstate disputes, Centre State disputes,constitutional problems, Power to Consult, Appeal etc. Supreme Court is the final court of appeal in the country.