3G Mobile Services Demystified
Companies Offering CdmaOne Service in India are Reliance Communication and Tata Indicom.CDMA2000 1xRTT is the technology standard that the USB internet browsing devices used by Reliance NetConnect and Tata Photon.The NIC Card of the BSNL also in this service.
3G services are third generation mobile telephony services that works on latest technology evolved and would replace the exisiting telephone network so that people will gradually be upgraded to the latest mobile network.So the newer service would be backwardly compatable with the exisiting 2G networks.
Right now only BSNL and MTNL were the only 3G services provider since they got licences before the others.Now Reliance and Tata Docomo have rolled out 3G services.Idea, Airtel and others will follow suit.3G is going to revolutionised your life.Mobile phone itself is a wonder.Imagine a common man being able to carry out face to face video conferencing (or just a video call) using his mobile phone.Ofcourse for a video call to be carried out both phones must be 3G ready and with front side camera on top of the display where you would see the face of the fellow caller.
Indian Telecom companies are using WCDMA technology standards to upgrade a GSM user to 3G.The technology HSDPA will be employed so that you can get minimum 2 Mbps speed on your mobile phone.There is no standard speed yet one can assume that you would get a minimum speed of 384 kbps when you are travelling in a fast train.So 3G has made possible for people to go wire free and get hooked to a mobile broadband connection using a 3G mobile broadband HSDPA USB Stick.For the 2G Cdmaone phone network people the upgrade for them to 3G is CDMA2000 1xEVDO.BSNL has rolled out EVDO high speed mobile broadband usb modems delivering 2mbps speed even two years back.Reliance and Tata also provide same services under the names of Reliance NEtconnect+ and Tata Photon Plus (i am not sure of the names).
Features of 3G Mobile Network
- You can do video call.You can see the other person while talking.Now your boss / girlfriend can see your grin.
- LiveTV on your mobile phone.Our mobile phone companies will soon get tie up with content providers and will make sure that you get to see popular tv channels live streamed in your mobile phone at hefty charges.
- Download Videos and movies for a free within lesser time.
- More security promised and boasted by 3G network.
- Mobile Broadband using a USB Stick on your laptops, PCs etc.
- Expensive Waste devices like iPad and similiar tablets would support 3G.You can buy them if you damn care about how to spend your money.If you are a millionaire they are a must buy.
|3G Mobile Broadband HSDPA USB Stick|
Of course a new phone.You need to buy a 3G compatable phone and they are expensive.Starts from Rs 4000+.
World has seen 3G much before India.Thanks to our bad telecom policy, delays and spectrum Raja.Japan got it in 2001.South Korea in 2002.Europe got in 2001.Australia got in 2002.US got CDMA2000 1X EVDO on 2003.But unfortunately Indians got it only in 2010.Never mind we shall make it popular soon.There might be negatives but we want the technologies the world is using like DTH - a new industry created out of nowhere because indians embraced it.We Indians are slow in everything.
How many high definition channels are there in India?
I might get another question as reply from you.
"How many high definition tv sets are there in india?"
My reply for that is:
"U introduce ppl will embrace".
Some Really Bad Words
- GSM - Global System for Mobile Communication
- HSCSD - High-speed circuit-switched data
- GPRS - General Packet Radio Service
- EDGE - Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution
- W-CDMA - Wideband Code Division Multiple Access
- EVDO - Evolution-Data Optimized or Evolution-Data only (whichever you find comfortable.You are free to contribute for more options too)
- HSDPA - High-Speed Downlink Packet Access
- DTH - Direct to Home (wat - for tv broadcast via satellite to your home so that your local cable guy will starve to death)